Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Discovered Bonnie Raitt...


As I fished around for great blues music I have discovered Bonnie Raitt. Been digging the track "Black Velvet" and it continues to grow on me. Looks like she started out with a pure blues sound and gradually moved to a more conventional poppish sound, but it's her earlier blues heavy music that amazes me. Blues always brought the likes of Clapton, Allman Brothers, Muddy Waters, CCW and ofcourse BB the king to my mind and their sound was what defined Blues in my head. But now I listen to this female and realise it's so different yet very truly blue. This is definitely another dimension to Blues...

There's been legends like Bessie Smith and Janis Joplin before, but she latches onto me like nothing else and then she does her guitaring herself...

No comments: